Saturday, April 13, 2002

Staring up at your window,
the shades have been drawn,
but I know you're in there sleeping
and will wake before the dawn.
I used to be the one,
right there next to you,
and loving you was all I wanted,
all that I could do.
I can hear the music,
left on from the night before,
slightly reminiscent of the tracks I picked
when you left me wanting more.
Funny how life screws things up
and time seems somehow wasted
heartache comes much quicker now
and pain is all I've tasted.
Where is the happy ending
when galahad comes rushing in?
A darker night I've never seen
crushed memories I'll hold within.
The light will bring the pavement
and a solace to your feet
I'll be the wind at your back
so again we'll never meet.
Win that last hurrah from me
touch me in a dream
make me crawl out of bed
to reminisce upon what had never been


Oy! I am such a lazy romanticist. Its been a long time since I've written two things within a few days. But I guess it helps with the shrugging off of lame attempts at understanding men. I've got to go back to the way it was before, when I didn't care to understand them. Just me. And when that guy finally realizes either that he's a dumbass or he's a dumbass without me, maybe I'll be strong enough to say "nope, sorry hon, you're a dumbass, with or without me, and I choose it to be without me."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home