Friday, April 12, 2002

Someone once said to me that songs don't come out of conscious thinking. You just hear it then write it. Tonight, while in the throes of bitter agony over some stuff that happened today, I heard a song in my head, and I wrote it. To me, it sounds like a crappy forlorn country ballad, but a friend of mine thought the lyrics worked with some music that he had written and that it was great to actually hear me singing something I came up with on my own. Not someone else's dreams. So here goes...

When I met you first,
I didn't realize
you would take my heart away.
When I held you first
I didn't realize
the ice would melt that day.


Your charming smile
escaped into your eyes,
opening your soul to view.
But I was too slow,
or you were too fast,
and now I'm cryin over you.


Ridin' down this highway
I realized the change.
I'm not the silly girl I used to be.
Now all my past regrets, love
and all my failed attempts, love,
come chasing after me.


Tell me, what could I have done?
To show you, you are not the only one that feels.
Feel my heart beating, love.


You might not remember me
five years down the road
but I won't forget, love
you chose to be free (free, free)
Free from loving, love.


ok. That's it. I told you it was crappy. But it does feel good to be singing something I wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home