Sunday, March 31, 2002

Like I said, there would be more to come... and later is now.

Since I started working the two jobs, I haven't had much time for some good old fashioned fun. Starting at seven am Friday morning, when I called in sick to work (my foot still hurt a lot) I was up and running errands. Went to the doctor, got the car washed, got the oil changed (yes I know I can do it myself, but I was lazy), got my hair cut, my eyebrows waxed, bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt (they're having an awesome sale at Gap). By now its around six pm. Knock at my door... who could that be?

My companion for the evening, the aforementioned Greg, came up for some quick partying TJ's Style at Alfie's house in Ojai then a drive over Casitas Pass and hit downtown SB at approximately eleven forty-five. The DJ sucked harder than a wet/dry vaccuum, I'm not a great DJ, but I could have done better with one hand tied behind my back. Dude didn't even have headphones to cue up the music right. The music also pretty much sucked, but it was fun just to dance after so long a break. Hopped in the cab... passed out around four.
Next day, I returned to my lazy habits and slept in quite a bit (until eleven I think) picked up my car downtown, then we headed up to Mesa Cafe for some breakfast/lunch (we both chose breakfast) and they were playing DMB! Really, and me in my DMB hat too. Afterwards we hit the beach. It was overcast, windy, and generally not warm, but Greg wanted to go, so we went. Then the nutcase ;) stuck his head in the surf. I took a few pictures (only eight I swear!) can't wait to see how they turn out.

Time certainly flies when you're having fun, and alas I had to say goodbye and go to work. Went home at twelve-thirty slept some, and was at Blockbuster at nine am to open the store by ten. I didn't know if it was going to be busy or slow, being Easter and all, so I carefully planned out my day according to not knowing anything. It was busier than TJ's on a Saturday morning. Ran out of five dollar bills by four pm. Ran over to TJ's picked up some fives, herb-roasted potatoes, and green beans. Back to BB, picked up my stuff, clocked out, rented "The Pelican Brief" (hadn't seen it in so long, I forgot the storyline) and headed over Sandy's for Easter dinner with her and Angela. It was very yummy. My compliments to the chef!

Now I'm back at home, blogging and getting ready for bed because I have to work at five am tomorrow. Yay me! On a good note though, Greg gave me a mix CD, and accidentally left a copy of John Mayer's show 1-27-01. I used to have a copy, but have since misplaced it. I'll have plenty of musical pleasure when I'm stocking the shelves at an hour when I should be at home sleeping.

Downloadable - "Tenderoni" - Bobby Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home