Wednesday, February 06, 2002

Okay, I remember what it was now.

I was listening to the rock station here in town KJEE, which I don't usually, and I heard this tight groove laid down, with a bit of rock guitar over it. Then I hear Gwen Stefani's voice. And I'm thinking, wowsers. So what if the chorus is repetitive? Its still got a great groove. Get a better lyricist in there, and you can have more insightful lyrics. But the message in the song gets across. "Just keep on dancing".

So it got me to thinking, if every band that had the unfortunate pleasure of working with Glen Ballard went to Jamaica to record their next album, it would sound this groovy and sinful. Next best place, Sausilito, CA.

And, since I have slept since I posted at 3am (what I was doing up at that hour, I'll never know) my new download of the day is "Start the Fire"- No Doubt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home