Sunday, September 22, 2002

May there always be work for your hands to do.
May your purse always hold a coin or two.
May the sun always shine on your windowpane.
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
(An Irish Blessing)

Faeries when you lose your way,
from the dance returning.
In the darkest undergrowth,
see my candles burning.
These shall make the pathward plain;
homewards to your beds again.
-Faerie ryhme book - author unknown

If I make the lashes dark
And the eyes more bright
And the lips more scarlet,
Or ask if all be right
From mirror after mirror,
No vanity's displayed:
I'm looking for the face I had
Before the world was made.

What if I look upon a man
As though on my beloved,
And my blood be cold the while
And my heart unmoved?
Why should he think me cruel
Or that he is betrayed?
I'd have him love the thing that was
Before the world was made.
-Before the World was Made - W.B. Yeats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home