Monday, August 26, 2002

Found this poem that I had written, sometime in the past five years, in a notebook I was using for class. I think I may have written it about a movie or something, because I really don't remember writing it, or what it was written about. Maybe it was a rough draft for an English class or something.

Morning

Lips brushing gently,
caressing my tangled hair.
I can feel your eyes
watching as I feign sleep.
In your arms,
time doesn't count.
It doesn't stop,
it just isn't;
letting us play for hours.
The sun rises over your shoulder
peeking its kiss
through the shutters.
It lights upon your face
until you roll closer to me.
In your sleep
the corners of your mouth turn up,
as you bury your smile in my hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home