Friday, March 21, 2003

Wow... what a dial-up service can do to a person...

I've been working a lot. I've been living a lot. I've been writing a lot.

Obviously, not on my blog. I decided that I could get more out of my thoughts and emotions if they were fiction, and I didn't have to protect feelings and ideas. Eventually, if anything I write ever gets published, I'm sure I'll have to answer questions. But at that time, hopefully, I'll be able to take those people out for a really nice dinner and night on the town, to make them forget that I actually hurt their egos.

Of course, there's this whole war thing going on. As somewhat of a surprise to me, a couple of things have happened that have forced me to remember who I was in high school. It was six years (well, almost) ago that I graduated (or not) from high school. (I eventually received my diploma... but I walked the line with nothing in my hand but a blank piece of paper). At the time, I was fully engaged in a Political Science Career plan, co-mingled with a desire to be on the radio.
I lost that vision somewhere along the way, and up until now, have not been too displeased with that fact.
But now, when all I want to do is watch TV, and stay updated, I have to go to a job that doesn't allow me to watch it.
Maybe I should have stuck with that whole Marine ROTC thing. I'd be in the thick of things, I'm sure. Then at least I could get paid to watch CNN.
But here I am, trying to make rent, protest, and stay informed all at the same time. Its a tiring process I assure you.

So maybe this war thing has gotten my post-apocalyptic sensors all a fury, but I just wanted to say that a year-and-a-half ago I said it was a sad day. Today I say it is a day that won't be forgotten, but more important than the date, its you who won't be forgotten. I think of my friends as a family, even though some of you I have only met once or twice. My family is important, and those of you over-seas, who I haven't spoken to in a long time, I love you, I support you. To those of you over-seas, that shouldn't have too much of a problem (I hope) I love you too.
For those of you who are here in this grand country... you know I've seen it all... I love you too, and I hope that all of you realize that I have seen what we have been given here, not just in liberties, but this painting, with all the colors in the spectrum, on the land and on the people. I'm proud to be a citizen to this great land, and love the fact that I can oppose the administration if I choose to.

As long as I don't impede traffic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home